Friday, April 06, 2007

MASN Stinks

I forgot to point this out the other day, but better late than never.

Those graphical geniuses at Peter Angelos' MASN network were at it again. First, they misidentified our star third baseman as "Brian Schneider."

Then the other day, in the one game we won (remember that? Wasn't that a good time?), their graphics person got a bit trigger happy at the end of the game.

I know that'd make Dmitri even happier, but...

  • Meanwhile, it's Jerome Williams (watch how much he looks like Livan) against Micah Owings (another pitcher on my roto team, again telling you the quality of it). Owings is making his first major league start, and I can't tell you a damn thing about him, other than something I'm stealing from the Times: he's only the third player in MLB history with the name Micah. I'm pretty sure you can name one other!

    The game appears to be on MASN2, which means you'll be flipping to figure out where it's on. MASN's website has a nifty little widget at the top to let you know which channel to tune into. There's a 1-800 number you can call, too, which I'd recommend doing over and over and over and over again at all hours of the night, draining extra nickels out of Mr. Angelos' overcompensated pockets.

    Kory Casto's out of the lineup, and Chris Snelling gets the start in his place, batting second. Other than that, it's the same.

    Enjoy! And let's get some Farkin' runs!!!

  • 6 Comments:

    • I can't even get it on Directv on any channel I've found yet including MASN2 (671). It says it's not available in my area. Not to mention the irony that I also have the Extra Innings Package

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/06/2007 7:24 PM  

    • MASN says it should be on MASN2 on DirecTV 671 but it is blocked and noted as MASN not MASN2.....we are screwed again by the Nats and TV!!!!

      By Blogger JayB, at 4/06/2007 7:34 PM  

    • I hate Peter Angelos. It sure would be nice to watch the game tonight...

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/06/2007 7:45 PM  

    • I just called MASN, waited on hold for 10 minutes, was then told the blame laid with the Nationals who have inexplicably "blacked out" the game.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/06/2007 8:18 PM  

    • On top of all that - There is no MASN2 in Howard county until April 12th for Verizon Fios TV customers. maybe I'll go back to being a Mets fan.

      By Blogger Greg Pultorak, at 4/06/2007 8:33 PM  

    • Well, the people at MASN were lying to you.

      It's garbage.

      By Blogger Chris Needham, at 4/06/2007 9:24 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home