Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Fouled-Off Bunts: Boy In The Rain Edition

Ah, a beautiful day for a ballgame! I'll be listening on my trusty transistor radio the way Tom Boswell did back in his schoolboy days in the 1930s. (If you ever see him, ask him about the time he saw Joe Start bunt 8 times in a game)

I dunno what to expect at this point, but with Guzman's late move to the DL, it's an interesting lineup. Belliard plays second. Felipe Lopez slides back to short. Josh Wilson rides the pine, where if he holds to form, he'll fall off the bench. Church "plays" center.

They (hoary old men usually) say that you should be careful what you wish for because you just might get it. I think we're in for one of those days.

  • On my way out last night, I was walking by the press area when Barry Svrluga came bustling out. I was tempted to stop him and tell him to "rip the hell out of 'em." And on the car ride home, I was looking forward to reading disdain in the combos of letters he used. (I love me some pathos) Instead, probably for his sanity, he took the bright side, looking at the one redeeming thing from a steaming pile of moose dung kinda night: Kory Casto's success.

  • The Times, takes the more expected approach (perhaps their sanity, like mine, is already gone): "The pitching problems were expected. So were the offensive struggles. The Washington Nationals, though, were not supposed to be fundamentally inept."

  • Someone in Florida was impressed with Olsen's bat. (No, that's not a euphemism)

  • Ronnie "Rafael" Belliard almost died... sort of...

  • Were Patterson's Monday afternoon struggles just because of bad mechanics? Don Sutton seems to think so.

  • What is it about these dirty, cheating Angels relievers???

  • 1 Comments:

    • I stated in another posting that the lack of effort last night by Wilson, FLop and Young was really disapointing. Young could catch a low pop up hit at him and FLop couldn't be bothered to dive for a ball within his reach. Truly awful effort last night by 3/4 of the infield.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/04/2007 10:29 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home