Wednesday, March 07, 2007

What Say You?

Barry Svrluga is running ("Ran" I s'pose) a Guess The Rotation contest. For the record, I'll go with Patterson, Hill, Williams, Redding, Traber.

Two more interesting questions occurred to me, and I'm interested to see who you'd say.

1) What 5 Nationals pitchers will have the most starts? Follow-up: can you name the 5 with the most starts in '05 or '06? I'll post the answer in the comments.

2) Who's going to be the All-Star rep? Yes, we've already inked in the singular tense of that question. Follow-up: Can you name the All-Star reps from '05 and '06?

5 Comments:

  • 2006:
    Ortiz
    Armas
    Livan
    O'Connor
    Astacio

    All-Star: Soriano


    2005:
    Livan
    Loaiza
    Patterson
    Armas
    Drese

    All-Stars: Cordero, Livan

    ______

    I got the starters in the right order for '05, but missed Drese. He had a few more starts than my guess, Ohka.

    By Blogger Chris Needham, at 3/07/2007 10:53 PM  

  • All-Star picks, in descending order of probability:

    1. Zimmerman
    2. FLop
    3. Patterson
    4. Kearns

    -Brick

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/08/2007 8:35 AM  

  • I'd say Zimmerman, but there are so many good 3B in the league -- even in our division -- that it might be hard to find a spot for him.

    I'd go with either Cordero (they always find a spot for relievers from bad teams) or Lopez.

    By Blogger Chris Needham, at 3/08/2007 8:38 AM  

  • Needham brings up a good point. I'd say Zim to start, but Cordero as a backup.

    By Blogger Abhinav, at 3/08/2007 9:10 AM  

  • So who chooses if a team doesn't get enough fan votes for one of its players? Does that usually go to a pitcher then, since they're not picked by fans? Because honestly, if it comes down to a token Nat, which it probably will, how could it not be Zimm?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/08/2007 11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home