Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Ticket Exchange Programs

In their continued efforts to get me to renew my season tickets, I brought up the lack of flexibility in a 20-game plan as one of the big reasons why I didn't renew. I have a set of tickets from 2005 that were returned with a terse letter from someone in the office pointing out that the ticket exchange programs were only for full season ticket holders. As a lowly 20 gamer, I was SOL.

Apparently, they've changed their policy, and now 20 game plans are eligible for these programs. Unfortunately, I hadn't heard about it until they emailed me. It's listed on the website and might've been a bullet point on the info packet they mailed, but it slipped past my non-eagle eye.

Anyway, here's the info about the program, which is a welcome change. If I'm reading it right, you can exchange a whole slew of your tickets in advance if you want to bring a group of friends to a particular game. Or if something comes up and you miss a game, you can trade that unused ticket in for certain other games throughout the season.

I really wish they'd have done more to publicize this, or at least give more info on the website. It definitely has me on the fence now.

Unused Ticket Program for Season Ticket Holders (81-41-20 game plan holders)

Season ticket holders may exchange their unused tickets for 6 specific games –

Thursday April 19th 1:05 PHILA

Tuesday May 29th 7:05 LA

Wednesday June 30th 7:05 DET

Saturday July 21st 3:55 COLO

Monday September 3rd 1:05 FLA (Labor Day)

Friday September 21st 7:05pm PHILA

Unused tickets must be exchanged 48 hours in advance of the new game and will be the best available seats in comparable seat category (based on availability) or in the 400 and 500 sections of RFK Stadium. Unused tickets may only be exchanged once. To exchange unused tickets, please mail them to the Washington Nationals Ticket Office, Ticket Exchange, RFK Stadium, Gate F, 2400 East Capitol Street SE, Washington, DC 20003 with the date of the game for which you’d like to exchange and your account information. All exchanged tickets will be mailed directly to the season ticket holder’s address on file.

Season Ticket Exchange Program (81-41-20 game plan holders)

Future Monday – Thursday tickets may be exchanged for different future Monday – Thursday games

Future Friday – Sunday tickets may be exchanged for different future Friday – Sunday games as well as for future Monday – Thursday games

Tickets may be exchanged at the Washington Nationals Box Office or via mail

Exchanges at the Nationals Box Office must take place 48 hours prior to both the game(s) being turned in and the game(s) for which tickets are being exchanged.

Exchanges by mail must be received by the Nationals at least 14 days prior to both the game(s) being turned in and the game(s) for which tickets are being exchanged.

Tickets may be traded only once and Season Tickets are traded on a ticket-for-ticket basis. Locations are subject to availability and refunds will not be given for downgrades. Additional payment is required when trading Season Ticket(s) for tickets of greater value.


(Does this make me a shill?)

4 Comments:

  • I would say that yes, it does make you a shill, but I don't want you to invite me to dine upon genitals.

    By Blogger Ryan, at 2/28/2007 3:01 PM  

  • They were handing out schedules at Metro Center just before 5:00 one day last week and my wife managed to pick one up for me. Apparently they didn't want to catch the people working normal business hours, though, as I left work right at 6:00 that day and they were no longer there when I headed down.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/28/2007 3:51 PM  

  • Marketing studies indicate the panhandlers, carnies, and hobos make up a majority of major league attendance. That's why they always have FanFests at 1 in the afternoon on Wednesdays. And why they hand out cans of baked beans. And why they play "Big Rock Candy Mountain" during the seventh inning stretch.

    By Blogger Ryan, at 2/28/2007 9:29 PM  

  • That's a reasonable ticket exchange plan. Still don't regret not renewing my full-seasons.

    Guess what I got in the mail today? An oversize postcard from the St. Louis Cardinals with their full schedule plus a list of promo games. Nice ad announcing the March 3rd single-game tickets on sale date. Also, the Cardinals are now tied with the Nats for the amount of mail I've received so far this year.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/28/2007 11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home