Wednesday, May 16, 2007

More On Page

Svrluga, in his weekly chat, takes a question about hitting coach Mitchell Page:
22046: Barry - what can you tell us about the status of Mitchell Page?

Barry Svrluga: I have not talked to Page since he took his leave (I was off when it happened), but intend to do so soon. I am told he's not expected back soon. He told mlb.com that he is having a health issue. I am told by other people that he has, in fact, had a relapse of his alcoholism.

I'm sad to hear that. I hope he get get his health AND his life together. He seems like he's a great teacher, and plenty of the players seemed to speak highly of his instruction.

4 Comments:

  • Watching the Nats hit this year couldn't have helped.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/16/2007 4:40 PM  

  • Watching this team has turned me into a crack whore!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/16/2007 7:55 PM  

  • Hi Chris -

    I'm not a regular reader, but I am a Nationals fan -- so I searched for "Washington Nationals blog" and found you. I thought you might be interested in this...

    A friend recently sent me a link -- www.thiscouldbetheyear.net . I'm usually rather cynical about these sorts of attempts to mobilize a crowd via the internet, but this project looks intriguing -- and fun. It seems like a weird way of leveraging a losing baseball season into something pretty cool. And as crazy as the project sounds, I can't figure out why it can't work.

    I've already sent the link to some friends & my congregation. I just thought you & the Nats blogosphere might be interested too. (I'll probably also drop this message at some other Nats blogs.)

    - Steve G.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/16/2007 9:29 PM  

  • Someone tell Barry Svrluga, and anyother Nats beat reporter, if they really want to help Page then leave Page alone and allow him the time and space he needs to work on his recovery.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/18/2007 9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home