Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Too Darn Hot

It's 87 degrees in my office, thanks to my westward facing windows. Were it not for the mini fan on my desk, I'd be doing my John Patterson impersonation on the floor.

Two quick links (other than the 1,400 or so you get each day on the side bar)

First, the Times interviews Mitchell Page. What comes across is the love he has for the game, and coaching batting.

Second is Svrluga's follow-up to his article this morning about ticket problems. He got a bunch of answers to your questions. Perhaps he could do the Ann Landers thing full time?

Meanwhile... I'm still waiting for my confirmation email. And no tickets at home as of a few minutes ago. I'm waiting 'til Wednesday like the website says, and then I'm prepared to be on hold for 2 hours.

Oh, and Ray King and Dmitri Young had their contracts purchased today -- no surprise. They're both on the 40-man roster, and they'll both be heading north come Monday.

The game's on MASN tonight, and I think it's the debut of their pregame show with Johnny Holliday and former Red Ray Knight. It's a shame it's such a beautiful day. I don't really want to be cooped up inside tonight to watch it.

5 Comments:

  • My tickets were delivered yesterday....to my old apartment building.

    So much for having provided my new address when I renewed my tickets. If only I could have updated it for myself over the internet like you can on every single other web site in the world.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/27/2007 5:50 PM  

  • That's what I'm afraid of, too. I moved back in August and the renewal stuff was sent to my old address.

    By Blogger Chris Needham, at 3/27/2007 5:56 PM  

  • The game is on MASN tonight !? I've been listening to it on the radio until i read your post(7th inning). I wish the Nationals did a better job of keeping their online content accurate, relevent, and helpful. While I do enjoy listening to the radio (especially on my porch on beautiful nights like this) I heard Zimmerman made some great plays that I would have loved to see.

    By Blogger Dave O'Leary, at 3/27/2007 9:23 PM  

  • I saw Ray King at Space Coast last Wednesday watching the Braves game with his wife, Nancy Lopez (yes, the golfer). They were both very nice, talking and posing for pictures for anyone who wanted one.

    By Blogger Harlan, at 3/28/2007 3:15 PM  

  • Ray Knight, not Ray King...Although both have similarly shaped bellies, so I guess the I was bound to make that mistake

    By Blogger Harlan, at 3/28/2007 3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home