Sunday, June 05, 2005

First Place?

I don't even know what to say now! I had a looong day of hiking, and the team that I can now confidently say I love is in first place one week into June.

I'm sure I'll have some more thoughts in the morning (when I'm not exhausted or dehyrdated!), but for now, here's Mr. Red Smith (and not to be confused with the Paris Hilton version of poor Red Barber!)
Now it is done. Now the story ends. And there is no way to tell it. The art of fiction is dead. Reality has strangled invention. Only the utterly impossible, the inexpressibly fantastic, can ever be plausible again.

Let's see Barry Svrluga top that!

Bonus points if you can tell me what game that's from...

1 Comments:

  • I think that's a reference to Bobby Thomson's "Shot Heard 'Round the World"-1951 Dodgers and Giants.

    Could be wrong though

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/06/2005 12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home