Sunday, June 05, 2005

GameDay: Byrd, What's The Word Edition

Looks like we've got a brouhaha brewing! I don't have much time this morning, but I've been debating the Byrd issue on Baseball Primer. I hope it's not my Nats-colored glasses, but it really seems like much ado about nothing. Give him 5; let him appeal it to 3, and we're all good.

The Nationals go for the sweep. Yuda has the chat.

It's AJ Burnett for Los Pesces against David Bowie...errr. John Patterson.

With a Sweep and a Pirates' win (what're the odds?), we leap into first place.

As some broadcaster once said (a few times), Unbelievable!


  • They're calling for 10 on ESPN Game Day Radio. Which, having watched the replay, is absurd. I would give him 3 right out, and Byrd shouldn't appeal. One series is about right.

    By Blogger D. Center, at 6/05/2005 11:43 AM  

  • Haven't seen the replay (SportsCenter doesn't find much fascination in Nats-Marlins, I guess), but after reading a description of the play, I have to conclude that the Primer guy (half-a-season) is out of his mind. Rose got 30 games back in 1988, and he was scummy Pete Rose, after all.

    By Blogger Basil, at 6/05/2005 11:50 AM  

  • So I just saw the replay. I've got nothing---bollocks. I don't know, give him 5-7....

    By Blogger Basil, at 6/05/2005 12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home