Monday, April 11, 2005

The Nats' Ticket Office Stinks

I've been sitting on this for a while, but I'm in a pissy mood. Thanks, Zach!

I got my opening day tickets on Saturday morning. I'm one of the 20-games, and those tickets arrived about 2 or 3 weeks ago.

At any rate, when I opened up my package, my eyes lit up. I was expecting two tickets in the nosebleeds. And what did I find? Two tickets in the nosebleeds. And two more tickets in the lower nosebleeds.

Like any good hearted sole, what's the first thing I did? (After going to stub hub to see how much I could cash them in for, that is!) Yep, I tried getting ahold of the Nats. I know they're up Mierda Creek, and have been paddleless and rudderless for a while now. I contacted the guy from the BPG Forum who works on the inside and asked him the name of a specific contact person so I didn't get the runaround on the phone.

I immediately fired off an email (he had given me her direct address) and explained the situation, where the extra seats were and I even gave them the account number for the extra tickets. I gave her every piece of contact info I had, trying to be a good citizen. That was Saturday afternoon. I haven't heard hide nor hair.

So, now I've got two of the extra-special Capitol-shaped tickets that belong to someone else and the Nats seem to not really care. I'm sure they can just issue the poor bastard a new set on the generic Ticketmaster stock, but the guy'll be missing out at the least.

Part of me wanted to just give them to a friend and see if he could get in with them, but I'm trying to play nice.

So, if you're missing your Opening Day tickets, I might have them! They're the 10 dollar seats, and if you can tell me more info about them, I'll be more than happy to get them to you! (Even if the Nats don't particularly care.)

If not, I'm ebaying those badboys after the game. Thanks Nationals for subsidizing my game! And thanks for looking out for your fans!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home