Monday, April 11, 2005

Because I Left My Little Red Book Home

Ordinarily, during my lunch hour, I catch up on my Maoist readings, but without my little red book, today, I strayed to Marx.

And much to my glee, I found some Nats' coverage! Who knew that the home of Marxist thought online had a sports department? If I had know that, I would've sworn off this capitalism crap a lot earlier!

If you haven't had your fill of screeds yet today, click away! If you don't, you're missing such gems as:
As recently as the early 1990s, the names of sports arenas still held pretensions of dignity, tradition, and a kind of bloated grandeur...

The century old Tiger Stadium was torn down, rebuilt, and rebranded as Comerica Park... (Isn't it still standing?)

There are reasons the Guard is stretched tighter than Dick Cheney's Bikini Briefs....

Ted Kennedy lifted his 82 pound head


Baseball. Politics. What a lovely marriage!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home