Monday, November 08, 2004

The Last Expo

Brad Wilkerson, who is playing in the MLB All-Star Series in Japan, is the last player to wear the Expos uniform.
Not until people started coming up to me and talking about it," said Wilkerson, while taking batting practice prior to Game 3 of the Japan All-Star Series in the Tokyo Dome. "They're saying that the foreign press is calling me 'The last Expo.' I'm proud of that. With all the traveling we've done the last two years, it's fitting that it would happen here, on the road and in Japan."...

Wilkerson said he's happy about all that. MLB has owned and operated the Expos for the last three seasons, and it's time to make the move and bring in new ownership.

"We're looking forward to going to Washington," Wilkerson said. "We're just looking forward to playing baseball without any excuses. It's been a mess up there. I couldn't imagine going back and I don't think that would happen. I've got nothing against the Montreal baseball fans, but it's played out."

We're glad to have you. Just don't get too used to first base. We've got other plans there. And we need you in the outfield.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home