Thursday, November 04, 2004

Bowden Speaks!

Doing what he loves to do best (giving interviews to an overly-receptive press), JimmyBo talks to the Cincinnati Enquirer.
"It came out of nowhere," Bowden said Wednesday, from his Los Angeles home. I had e-mailed him requesting an interview. He called two minutes later. "I hadn't pursued it, but I'm excited about how it turned out."...

"I get to make all the baseball decisions, within the budget," said Bowden. "To be the first GM to carry the baseball torch back to Washington is very exciting."...

"I've had trade discussions with several teams already,"...

"I'll have better self-discipline. Sometimes, a position of power can affect how you treat people. And not in a good way."...

"It got to be too much," Bowden said. "In L.A., nobody even knows who the general managers of the teams are. In Cincinnati, everyone knows. The people were great to me, but it's hard hearing every day, 'You shouldn't have gotten fired.'"...

"Watch Las Vegas," Bowden is saying, referring to a TV show his fiancee [Joy Browning] will appear in on Nov. 9. "She's with Snoop Dogg."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home