Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Round 'Em Up

A few quickies today -- reminds me of that time.. well... nevermind, kids.

The thing I like about Harper, the ex OMGer, is that he usually writes exactly what I'd write.  His treatise on Nyjer Morgan and how the Nats' fanboys need to simmer down is EXACTLY what I've alluded to here, there, and a few other places -- but mostly in my head, which has been too excited by the wealth of cat videos on youtube to properly figure out how to write it.

Did you know that Steven Strasburg could be the next Tom Seaver?   Yeah, and I might be rich and well liked.

Incidentally, El Rizbo said he's going to the minors.  I've got no problem with that.

Fangraphs released their annual organizational rankings.  Good job this year to break it down into separate articles, at least.  We've got a lot of digging to do.

This just in: Ted Lerner is still rich.

The popular thing to do around here is to beg your readers to send you to far-off locales.  I'm not going to beg you for your money for that.  But I will beg you for money for this.  What's the price of one of those U.S. Air shuttles from DCA to LGA?  We can all pony up for that, can't we?

4 Comments:

  • Put me down for $20. Guzman can at least fly first class if we all chip in. He can have the seat Bernie Madoff used to occupy when he visited Fred Wilpon.

    By Blogger Positively Half St., at 3/17/2010 5:23 AM  

  • I think $20 cover it, I think. Just put him on a Chinatown bus!

    By Anonymous cass, at 3/17/2010 8:26 AM  

  • Ack, should have read:

    "I think $20 should cover it."

    By Anonymous cass, at 3/17/2010 8:52 AM  

  • March 17, 2010 at 10:59 am
    by Michael Baron

    According to Adam Rubin of the Daily News, there is no chance the Mets acquire Cristian Guzman.


    Well, that's just...lovely.

    Can we get on the wire to Moose and Vinny to take out our own contract on Guzzie???

    By Anonymous tr Bote Man, at 3/17/2010 2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home