Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Tonight's The Night

It's Time.

Way back in October 2004, I started writing the blog, not really knowing what to expect, and certainly not expecting that it would get to be as big (relatively speaking) as it is, nor would it have given me some of the opportunities it has.
I started for two simple reasons.

First, I wanted an outlet for my writing. My day job has me doing lots of godawful writing. Heretofores. Whereases. Convoluted clauses that wrap around themselves. It's not a particularly fun type of writing, and I wanted something that I'd enjoy more. Something a bit more conversational. I didn't want to be stuck writing that boring way for the rest of my life. I wanted an outlet.

Second, I didn't want to bore my girlfriend to tears. I didn't know a heck of a lot about the Expos. Writing about them would help me to learn, to help me discover the team. As I learn things, I want to share them. Rather than boring her with details about Brad Wilkerson and TJ Tucker, I wrote about them here.

But things change. I've done plenty of writing these last few years. Lord knows how many books I've essentially written. And finding new things to say is tough. (I'd say 'interesting' things, too, but that'd imply that half my posts were!)

It's time to move on.

Thanks to everyone for reading. Thanks for all the comments -- even the stupid ones! And a special thanks to the friends I've made along the way, something I certainly didn't expect when I put fingers to keyboard three-and-a-half years ago. But that's definitely been the most rewarding thing.

I'll still be at the game, eating my chili nachos. I'll still be reading and watching obsessively. I'll still be yelling at the wins, and yelling louder at the losses -- oh, the losses! Let's just hope that, in the future, those become increasingly less common!

141 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home