Thursday, May 24, 2007

The Gift Horse's Tonsils

I got confused when I checked my mail today and saw a season ticket package. I thought it was far too early to get the relocation guide from the new stadium -- they've sent two emails saying that it's delayed -- but it said 2007 season tickets on it.

I opened it up, and it was a similar mailing to the ticket re-order form I ignored most of the off-season. There was more info there about the ticket exchange program -- I've got a pile of unused tickets that I need to cash in; wanna come to a game with me?

Anyway, it included a voucher for four Terrace tickets to any future game, a nice gesture, and one that's appreciated! Well done, Nats!

(The cynic in me would point out that there's no cost to the team because those tickets wouldn't sell anyway, so it's a good thing I haven't completely given in to my cynical side... yet)

6 Comments:

  • I think you would be totally hilarious to go to a baseball game with, just to pick your brain. In a totally non-creepy anonymous internet kind of way. Yeah.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/24/2007 9:12 PM  

  • hiliarious maybe, but passionate, certainly not!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/24/2007 9:27 PM  

  • Isn't there a cost to the team of what you might have spent going to the game they just gave you? In other words, if those tickets replace some tickets you might have bought, seems like it would cost them that?

    Or do we just assume the gesture is more likely to add on to whatever games you might've attended?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/24/2007 9:37 PM  

  • I smell a "Cap Punishment Night" at the (semi) old, (crumbling, multi-purpose stadium) ballpark!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/24/2007 10:29 PM  

  • That mailing is titled "Season Tickets Benefits Package." Nice of them to let us know our benefits when the season is almost a third over.

    The free ticket voucher thingy is nice though.

    By Blogger Carl, at 5/24/2007 11:26 PM  

  • A friend who attended a Nats function to look at the seating arangements for 2008 seasonticket holders was told ticket prices will rise substantially next year. While the Nats did not confirm specific prices they did abmit to saying tickets would be in line with ticket prices for the Wiz/Caps. So expect seats down low close to home plate to sell for $250 a seat per game.

    Keith

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/25/2007 11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home