Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Plinko!

Plinko was always my favorite Price Is Right game. (That or the Mountain Climber game)
  • The obligatory local steroids column. I don't wanna debate this here and now, partially because I'm not sure which way I lean on the issue, but it bothers me, not that Thom is doing it in this column, when sportswriters bring up Lyle Alzedo and Ken Caminiti as examples of why steroids are bad.

    In Alzedo's case, I'm open to the possibility that his use led to his tumors, but there hasn't been any conclusive medical evidence that that's the case. (Certainly there were many other pro athletes using heavily. Where are the other dead players?) But, in Caminiti's case, it's especially egregious. When they found him dead in the gutter, he wasn't pumped up on steroids. The massive amounts of cocaine were a much larger factor. I guess I'm just saying let's see some evidence before we jump to all these conclusions.

  • The DC Baseball Political Action Committee began buying its way towards success last night. At least the schools are getting funded, right Adrian Fenty?

  • The MRI confirmed that Francisco Beltran is screwed. He has a strained UCL that will keep him out at least a month--given how long others are out, that's probably a low estimate.

  • By this point, I probably don't need to comment on this. You know where I'll go with it.
    "I'm working on it, doing a lot of bunting to help my on-base percentage," [Inning-Endy] Chavez said. "It's going to be tough for my hitting. I'm going to try to work more and do anything I can this year to get on base."

  • The Supreme Court is considering a case on the proper use of eminent domain that may have implications for the baseball stadium. Here's some more background on the case. Regardless of its applications for the stadium, it's a very interesting case, one with pretty huge ramifications.

3 Comments:

  • Well, Aaron didn't balloon up, that's correctHave you ever seen a picture of him as a Milwaukee Brave in the 50s?

    I'm not insinuating anything, just saying that body types change naturally over the career and that that alone shouldn't be used to justify accusations.

    By Blogger Chris Needham, at 2/23/2005 10:49 AM  

  • Although that one started to suck when it went to "Hole in One...Or Two"

    Where's the challenge in that? :)

    By Blogger Chris Needham, at 2/23/2005 1:14 PM  

  • Apparently the arguments at the Supreme Court today indicated that the eminent domain case will likely be decided in favor of the pro-eminent domain side, at least according to Slate. Though it's certainly possible they could decide in favor of the land-use side in this case but set up a rule that's unfavorable to the situation in DC, but I'm pretty sure it should be safe.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/23/2005 1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home