Thursday, February 10, 2005

The First Annual Eric Gregg Award Goes To:

Ryan, at Distinguished Senators for his overwhelming love for Livan Hernandez. He hasn't been treated this favorably since Eric Gregg raised that meaty arm to the air to call a third 'strike' on Fred McGriff. Worst. Umpiring. Ever.

Actually, that's not fair to Ryan, who is actually competent and, as far as I know, not morbidly obese, and who contends, correctly so, that Livan is this team's best player. Using numbers, which he strangely savages beforehand, he proves that "Bluegrass" Brad Wilkerson is a distant second.

Good job, Ryan. I'll start engraving the chalice today.

2 Comments:

  • I'm half the man Eric Gregg is *rimshot*.
    To be fair, I savaged PECOTA (or rather, BP's use of it) and used VORP from 2004 to justify my love of Livan.
    I'd better get that chalice soon, at any rate.

    By Blogger Ryan, at 2/10/2005 9:49 AM  

  • Yeah, I know you didn't directly savage the stats you later used, but if I couldn't lie and distort to mangle the rhetoric to my weak-ass argument, what kind of writer would I be?

    By Blogger Chris Needham, at 2/10/2005 9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home