Monday, April 03, 2006

GameDay: 1-0, Here We Come Baby!

3 hours to go, and I'm already hopped up with excitement! I can't wait til that first pitch. Can't you just picture Brandon Watson bunting weakly back to Glavine's right, and the effortless way in which Tom strides off the mound, picks it up and fires to first in one motion? Baseball Fever!

It's Tom Glavine (no he's not dead yet) against El Gran Caballo, ¡Livan!. He'll waddle out to the mound on his freshly lubricated knee.

Frank sends out:
Watson, CF
Vidro, 2B
Johnson, 1B
Guillen, RF
Soriano, LF
Zimmerman, 3B
Clayton, Dreck
Schneider, C
Livan, P

The Mets:
Reyes, SS
LoDuca, C
Beltran, CF
Delgado, America-and-freedom-hating 1B
Wright, second-best 3B in the NL East
Floyd, LF
Nady, RF
Hernandez, 2B
Glavine, old P


If you've got a tv, take advantage! It's one of the few games on Channel 20. If not, check out the radio. 1500 AM and something or other FM.

Watching? Listening? Come join in the fun at Yuda's GameDay where we'll be whining about Frank's bad managing all day.

UPDATE:
1,2,3 for both teams in the first. Updates at Yuda's.

If you had F8 in the Brandon Watson pool, you win!

UPDATE:
Bang! Zoom! We still suck! Schneider stinks. Guillen stinks. Clayton stinks. The home plate ump stinks. Jose Vidro's an idiot. Tony Beasley needs to be fired. What a great day for a game!

More later...

10 Comments:

  • I am psyched. I love opening day.

    Royce effin Clayton...watch he is going to hit like 2-3 home runs today and media will fall in love with him and forget that the guy will hit .200 and strike out 150+ times in the next few months.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/03/2006 11:51 AM  

  • If this lineup can stay healthy, (and I know that's a big if), I think it's a better lineup than what most people out there probably think.

    My prediction for the season: 79-83.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/03/2006 12:19 PM  

  • Heading to the Ale House to watch Opening Day festivities.

    Let me echo the sentiments of a college kid who passed me on a Boca Raton campus last month: GO NATIONALS!!

    By Blogger Bote Man, at 4/03/2006 12:53 PM  

  • After today's loss, I am modifying my prediction for the team's final record: 161-1.

    By Blogger David, at 4/03/2006 4:29 PM  

  • Okay,

    Here I am in Massachusetts, a Red Sox fan with an interest in the Nationals. I have no sports package and refuse to pay MLB to stream the video or audio, so I'm just watching this on MLB gamecast...so am I wrong to think that Soriano's baserunning in the 8th was almost the stupidest thing imaginable?! It would be THE stupidest thing if Vidro doesn't make the final out trying to stretch a single into a double!

    I didnt'see it live, so if it's not as bad as it sounds...let me know.

    By Blogger RJR, at 4/03/2006 4:30 PM  

  • Did anyone else notice Ryan Church prominently displayed in ESPN's promo for the game??
    Sad. Here's hoping he tears it up in AAA.

    By Blogger Natty Bumpo, at 4/03/2006 4:35 PM  

  • Lefty... that's all on Tony Beasley. There's NO REASON to send Soriano in that situation.

    And the ump blew the call, too. LoDuca had dropped the ball, picked it up in the dirt, and flashed it to the ump, as if he had held on to it.

    By Blogger Chris Needham, at 4/03/2006 4:53 PM  

  • Setting aside the horrible call at home, this game sadly looked like a microcosm and continuation of much of last season: bad decision-making on defense and the basepaths, and a total inability to come up with the big hit to drive in RISP.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/03/2006 4:57 PM  

  • The team previews inspired me: Today's Nats haiku.

    Opening day: is
    that a Spring pinwheel I see?
    Nope, just a base coach

    By Blogger MDT, at 4/03/2006 6:53 PM  

  • beautiful! I may steal that idea for later!

    By Blogger Chris Needham, at 4/03/2006 7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home