Monday, January 09, 2006

Fouled-Off Bunts: Save Us, Orioles! Edition

Alfonso Soriano for a package of players including Corey Patterson? Why not shoot me now? Corey Patterson is exactly like Brad Wilkerson, but without those pesky walks, and with even less bat control. Oh, but he's fast. That counts for something, right? Soriano thinks he's getting traded, at least. There's gotta be a better package than that. Even the Dave Bush/Miguel Batista names that were floating around for Wilkerson are more attractive than KKKorey Patterson.

Thankfully the Orioles are interested in Patty McKay. You know you want him Angelos! Save us from ourselves, please!

I wish to associate myself with the remarks of the good gentleman from Anacostia. His analysis/reading of the tea leaves is excellent.

  • If healthy, Jose Vidro will play in the World Baseball Classic. If I can get arm in shape, I'll be pitching, too.

  • Texas, imagine their folly, is thinking about batting Brad Wilkerson leadoff. Bah, that'll never work! He strikes out too much! I want my leadoff hitter to have speed, like Brandon Watson.

  • Having an emptiness in your heart because you haven't read enough stadium rhetoric? Here ya go: Yay for the stadium, it cures what ails ya; but think of the children!

  • 2 Comments:

    • Patterson is trash at his salary.

      Then again, so is the entire Nationals organization. I dumped one of my two season tickets. If the lack of customer service continues, e.g. I didn't get the e-mail about the new on-line accounts thing, then I'll dump the other one as well. It would serve MLB and DC right to lose the stadium and the team to move.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/09/2006 1:23 PM  

    • from buster olney's espn.com blog today:

      2005: Lowest BA (min. 400 PA)

      Corey Patterson .215
      Cristian Guzman .219
      Sammy Sosa .221
      Steve Finley .222
      Omar Infante .222

      By Blogger Natty Bumpo, at 1/10/2006 2:09 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home