Sunday, April 20, 2008

We Suck AND Blow



That was as embarrassing a half-an-inning of baseball as I've ever seen in my life.


Manny ain't perfect, but if you're calling for his head, you're looking in the wrong direction.

  • PS: FOR CHRIST'S SAKE, FIRE LENNY!!!!!!!

    (It's a reflex at this point)

  • 17 Comments:

    • Chris:

      I wish I could read your post, I have my sunglasses on could not read the subject and predicate in the sun. Sincerely,

      Lastings

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/20/2008 4:25 PM  

    • Chris:

      I wish I could read your post, I have my rose colored glasses on and could not read the subject and predicate. Sincerely,

      Manny

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/20/2008 4:28 PM  

    • A lot of assholes in that picture.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/20/2008 4:33 PM  

    • Let's be honest Chris, the Nationals are a part-time hobby/moneymaking venture for the Lerners and nothing more. I'd be interested to know how many games Ted and/or Mark actually attend in person over the course of the season. Somebody that runs this team needs to speak up soon because this is unacceptable for a major league franchise.

      I hate the Yankees, but you left them for this?

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/20/2008 4:45 PM  

    • Management will say nothing! Just continue to preach patience--
      I'm breaking out the paperbags--

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/20/2008 4:53 PM  

    • My naked eye view of the game at the Tank in Miami:

      - Lastings lost that ball in the Sun; eh, it happens. I could tell he had no idea where it was as it flew through the air, but I didn't have the Sun in my eyes.

      - What the bloody muthaf@ckin hell is Lastings doing bunting ANY TIME??!! He can't bunt! He can't!! He just can't!!! Let him swing away, as he is wont to do, and take what you get, which might be a hit or might be an out. His bunts turn into outs these days.

      - Lastings Milledge can not steal bases. Take off the green light for him. Fine his ass if he even thinks about stealing.

      - Lenny Harris is not the coach of loose-ball-at-the-plate hot potato ball-shoveling competitions; you can't teach that. This technique can only be perfected in the bush leagues.

      - Kearns hit a home run while I was at the concession stand getting hot dogs. The correlation is becoming causation at this point.

      - Now Ryan Zimmerman's unproductive plate appearances are turning into bad throws under no pressure to put out a slow batter-runner. THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH RYAN ZIMMERMAN. You heard it here first, folks.

      There are likely other points to be made, but I am medicating myself with Negra Modelo cervezas to forget the Nationals as quickly as possible. At least I can watch REAL NL East teams on my MLB satellite package.

      I leave you with this chestnut: "amateurs practice until they get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong."

      Good luck!

      By Blogger Bote Man, at 4/20/2008 4:58 PM  

    • Cancel all that! I just discovered that it's a full moon out.

      Never mind!

      By Blogger Bote Man, at 4/20/2008 5:03 PM  

    • After watching Ryan Z. take his time to chuck as ugly an error as you find in t-ball, I'm feeling a lot like a Cubs fan from the 80s. I'm going to start watching just for the fun of how bad they can be. If they don't improve their game, our Nats are going to need to get real 'lovable' real quick.

      By Blogger Kevin, at 4/20/2008 5:48 PM  

    • Will the Nats be this bad in five years?

      That's about when "THE PLAN" should be showing some (positive) results.

      With the present product, attendance is going to be dismal, justifying any kind of low-budget operation the Lerners choose to implement over the next several years.

      Still, major leabue teams do come to town to play, so we get wthe same experience we used to get with the old Senators--only at vastly inflated prices.

      And don't forget--Sutton says Redding has Cy Young kind of stuff. And he'll be pitvching every fifth day, at least through the fourth inning.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/20/2008 6:35 PM  

    • I'm still sticking with 40-and-122gents. With Hudson, Smoltz and Santana on tap for the next three losses, they'll go to 5-and-17. What I'm scared of is what this team is going to look like when parts of it (FLop, PLoD, WMP and Kearnsie) start quitting?

      Does JimBo have the cajones to sign Frank Thomas? The Blue Jays are stuck with his salary. What's wrong with another DH to join Meat, WMP and other immobile outfielders on our roster? He makes the move by Tuesday...

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/20/2008 8:31 PM  

    • I left from a lovely holiday in Thailand when the team was 3 an 1... what did I miss while I was away?

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/21/2008 12:00 AM  

    • Fire Bowden now, appoint an interim GM from elsewhere in the organization, then give the job to Rizzo after the draft in June.

      No more "toolsy" outfielders.

      No more Cincinnati East.

      Clowntime is over.

      By Blogger VP81955, at 4/21/2008 12:40 AM  

    • If you fire Lenny, who replaces him?

      (Hint: How close is Troy Gingrich to being MLB ready?)

      OK, seriously -- whom do you hire from the outside?

      (Hint 2: But I wouldn't be unhappy to see Gingrich come up with the Nats' young hitters.)

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/21/2008 7:05 AM  

    • I just benched Zim on my fantasy squad in favor of Adrian Fucking Beltre. Wish I didn't have to, but it's time to face the realization that he's not the .300/30/100 guy everybody had him projected to be; not this year at least.

      On the bright side, I may be crazy, but I'm kind of pleased with the performance of our SP's so far. With all the doom-and-gloom predictions about this group coming into the year, it's ironic that the bats and the bullpen are the ones blowing the donkey.

      By Blogger Rob B, at 4/21/2008 9:41 AM  

    • Don't get too excited. They have the third worst SP ERA in the league.

      By Blogger Chris Needham, at 4/21/2008 9:43 AM  

    • That's still about two places better than our offense in most categories :)
      Last time I checked anyways...

      I guess I'm just impressed that they're at least giving us a chance to stay in the game most nights.
      Or I'm just trying to come up with something good to say about this team, and it's really just thinly-veiled bullshit.

      By Blogger Rob B, at 4/21/2008 9:51 AM  

    • I seem to recall last year what sparked the rest of the team to actually pay attention was a dramatic improvement in the starting pitching.

      Am I off on this? Didn't last April end with a string of several good outing by the starter pitching? Once that came along, all those stones in the line up started trying to produce.

      They must have figured...if our pitching sucks, we don't need to put the effort in at the plate.

      Now that we've had three or four good starts, the one thing you can't complain about now is the starting pitching.

      All I can say is once they get on track, they better not start that "we've been .500 since mid May" crap again.

      Hopefully, this will make guys like Zimmerman, Goozman, Milliage, Belliard et al actually pay attention to what they're supposed to be.

      Zimmerman....I think they should stop blowing smoke up his butt until he makes the all-star team.
      Nice throw...nice at bats.

      By Blogger Ray Firsching, at 4/21/2008 10:05 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home