Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Hear Me Sing

I'll be on Washington Post columnist Marc Fisher's Raw Fisher Radio segment today at noon to talk about the ballpark, the team, being cheap, geopolitical strategy in a post-cold war era, personal hygiene, and my kitty. Link's here, if you want to listen.

I'm hoping to use my time to audition to sing the National Anthem before a game, and I'll also be sure to give score updates at least once every 90 seconds.

Being April Fools' Day, I'm truthfully expecting an ambush. If I go over there, and Boswell and Svrulga are hiding behind the door with rolls of quarters in socks and some rope, I'm not going to be shocked. If you don't hear from me later, call the police, ok?

  • Meanwhile, some friends of the blog are chipping into the Post's group blog on the stadium experience, giving the fan's perspective and what works and doesn't work at the ol' ballyard. Check it out.

  • 9 Comments:

    • What's with not playing today? A day off after 1 game, but we stay in town for 2 more later in the week? What gives?

      By Blogger Expat Teacher, at 4/01/2008 10:24 AM  

    • groovy man, good luck and have fun!

      By Blogger DCPowerGator, at 4/01/2008 11:10 AM  

    • Expat -- I think teams often schedule an off day after their Opener so that they can reschedule if it rains.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/01/2008 11:44 AM  

    • Today's day off is built into the schedule as the rain date for yesterday's Phillies Opening Day game. Last year when we opened at home there was a scheduled open day the next day too. It's standard operating procedure for MLB, as it does tend to rain a lot during the month of April pretty much everywhere in the country (except for where it snows).

      By Blogger An Briosca Mor, at 4/01/2008 11:49 AM  

    • chris - you see the nats DFAed mike stanton? what's the over/under on how long it takes before bowdsie works him out?

      By Blogger DCPowerGator, at 4/01/2008 1:20 PM  

    • Hey Chris, didja see where they quoted you on Nats Xtra on MASN yesterday?
      Sorry if someone else already posted this previously, I'm too lazy to check...

      By Blogger HB3k, at 4/01/2008 1:47 PM  

    • nats reds
      reds nats

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/01/2008 2:22 PM  

    • "If I go over there, and Boswell and Svrulga are hiding behind the door with rolls of quarters in socks and some rope, I'm not going to be shocked. If you don't hear from me later, call the police, ok?"

      Well, it's been 6+ hours now since the appearance on Fisher's show, and no word from Needham. It might be time to call the cops...

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/01/2008 6:48 PM  

    • Nah, I think he's lurking about. I see some new links up.

      In other news, Pedro Martinez just went down in the 4th with a hamstring injury. Initial reports have it having a minimal impact and Martinez back in the rotation quickly, but it might net us a game or two closer to them in the final standings if we're lucky. Not that we'll be competitive or anything, but still...

      It also makes me wonder whether or not it's wrong for me to smile because our own rotation is filled with such crappy pitching that pretty much no matter who goes down, we can replace them with yet more crap with few substantial effects on our win total. (Bacsik excluded, of course.)

      By Blogger Michael Taylor, at 4/01/2008 9:58 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home