Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Fouled-Off Bunts: Random Links Edition

I'm not giving you everything. If you want more links, check out DOB or WFY. They've got most everything covered.

--Guzman has tendinitis in his shoulder, but should be ok in a few days. He had an MRI yesterday that showed that his labrum had healed, but to get a really good MRI, they have to inject saline into the area, creating soreness, and keeping him out 'til Friday.

--Back before he started writing the same column over and over and over, Bill Simmons had a good one about the standard storylines for every spring training: "Rehabbing pitcher finally healthy;" "Outfielder changes diet, shows up in shape," etc, etc. Here's this year's standard story on clubhouse leaders.

--Chad Cordero's arbitration hearing was yesterday. We should have a decision sometime today. The Post reported yesterday that the team was offering him a two-year deal. All for naught, apparently.

--I mentioned this a week or two ago, but there's a bit more on the Dmitri Young signing. Here's Nats.com's piece. Meanwhile, his manager from last year, took issue with Young. It was quite a year for young. He got released from a pennant-winning team, went to drug and alcohol rehab, was diagnosed with Type-2 diabetes (geez, could his tip-top physical condition have played a role?), and pleaded guilty to choking his girlfriend after blowing off an initial court appearance.

The guy's life is a mess, and he deserves a second chance. I just don't want it to be on my team; I'd prefer he goes somewhere where I can boo him. He might be a fat guy with a big smile who's great to reporters, but that doesn't make him a good person.

--Interested in pre-sale tickets? They're online here. You just have to figure out what the password is.*

--Looking for your Matt Chico fix?

--Boswell writes some purty-soundin' fluff.

--Manny Acta talks about his managerial strategy here. I haven't watched it yet, but I'm sure it's good, at least based on what I've read from him before. Todd Jacobson offers a summary: less stealing, fewer bunts.

--HOT BLOGGER ACTION!!!

Nats 320 is down in Viera and is hot and heavy with the coverage. There's actually some good material buried in there. Just click, read and scroll! Just A Nats Fan just returned from a weekend trip.

Federal Baseball ties Dmitri Young into a Supreme Court hearing. Somehow it works.

NFA says there's no new stadium for Potomac; Reviews a book called "Growing the Game" and writes about the lessons the Nats need to take from it; Gives us the Nats' Accelerated Minor Leauge Roster (those youngins who aren't headed north who could use a little extra work), and recaps the restructuring/firing of the minor league development staff.

Banks runs down some Cordero rumors.

Distinguished Senators reminds us that T(h)om Loverro is no friend of teh internets.



*PRE82

9 Comments:

  • You should be ashamed of yourself giving out the presale code. I hope they can stop non-season ticket holders from buying tickets that way. Great to see we have an honest fanbase here in Nation's capital.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/21/2007 1:21 PM  

  • There's a special place in hell for traitors and villains like me.

    By Blogger Chris Needham, at 2/21/2007 1:24 PM  

  • What price your soul, Carl?

    What price your soul?

    By Blogger Chris Needham, at 2/21/2007 2:22 PM  

  • I love that when I buy ticket to Double-A Bowie Baysox games over the internet I am able to choose my specific seat, yet when I try to buy my tickets to a "Major League" game over the internet, I am stuck with whatever seats it tries to assign me as the "best available" within my price-selection, even if it's on the complete opposite side of the stadium from where I want to sit.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/21/2007 2:26 PM  

  • Yeah, that's always pissed me off, too. some of the other teams, using the same tickets.com software, have that option. I guess they didn't want to spend the extra $5K for that module. ;)

    By Blogger Chris Needham, at 2/21/2007 2:28 PM  

  • Not being able to pick the section irritates me too. But I just read that there aren't seats available where I want to sit anyway, so oh well. I'll have to sweet talk our season ticket account holder to make sure we get to go to opening day too (usually he takes those tickets).

    By Blogger Cathy, at 2/21/2007 3:18 PM  

  • You are pure evil. Thank you -- I just picked up tickets for Opening Day -- crappy seats, but seats, nonethless. I'll probably end up doing the 20-game $5 nosebleed package too...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/21/2007 10:00 PM  

  • Thanks for the tip. But OMG. Two years ago I happily charged upwards of $2K for 2005 Nats season tickets (40 game). NOW -- I'll be watching a hell of a lot of ball on TV. Can you say "priced out of the market"? And this is BEFORE the new stadium?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/22/2007 4:50 PM  

  • I really don't understand the "priced out of the market" comments. So it's better to watch on television than to sit in the cheap seats? Blasphemy!

    By Blogger Cathie, at 2/25/2007 5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home