Saturday, July 22, 2006

Ryan Church Freed!?

NFA points to this NOLA Zephyrs notes column indicating that Ryan Church has been recalled (to replace Alex Escobar who left last night's game with what looked like a hamstring injury?).

If so, I'm happy for the kid. And my overly inflated ego is going to assume that it was my passionate advocacy that made the difference.

  • Update:

    Charlie Slowes, on the radio, says that Church has been recalled. I didn't catch it, but it seems like they sent Dorta back down?

  • 3 Comments:

    • I am praying that he gets some hits and Frank can't take him out of the lineup.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/22/2006 4:46 PM  

    • The best part of that was Jim Hunter's call, "There's no quit in THESE Birds! What a rally!" -- said as if he were soley responsible for their success and completely ignoring the fact that they were still trailing.

      By Blogger Chris Needham, at 7/22/2006 10:56 PM  

    • I walked out of the room when the bunt stayed fair, and came back a few minutes later to see how many runs the Os were up by. I forget that other teams are capable of Natsesque hitting with RISP!

      By Blogger Chris Needham, at 7/22/2006 11:14 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home