Monday, March 06, 2006

Behind The Mic

The Nats, as you've probably already heard, named Bob Carpenter their PBPer, replacing Mel Proctor. Carpenter's voice will be familiar, given the number of ESPN games he has called in the past, as well as through his role as Mark McGwire's homer announcer in 1998.

Carpenter created and sells his own scorebook, which is quite popular among major league announcers. It's the usurious fees on shipping which inspired me to make my own damn scorecard. He does, by the way, carry Chuck Slowes' hearty endorsement.

I don't know much about Tom Paciorek, the new color analyst. But I do know two things:
1) I don't have any clue how to say his last name. (Puh-ch-eye-oh-wreck?)
2) He's certain to be a success if only because it isn't pronounced Darling OR Dibble.

Wanna know more? Here's the overly thorough press release.


Post a Comment

<< Home