Thursday, February 24, 2005

I Don't Know? Third Base!

Keep the snow comin'. I wanna get out early!

  • Brad Wilkerson gets his day in the sun.
    "To be honest, I really don't expect that [hitting 32 home runs]," Wilkerson said. "As long as I hit 40 doubles and get on base a lot and knock in some runs, that's my biggest thing. The homers will come. I'm more of a 20 to 25 (home run) guy."

    We've kind of stuck with Bluegrass Brad as his nickname. I'm kind of coming around to "Kentucky Mash" though. I'll get back to the drawing board, I think.

  • Keith Bodie, the new manager of AA Harrisburg, is profiled.
    What Harrisburg is getting is a manager with a 911-838 career record built over 14 seasons developing players for Houston, San Francisco, Seattle and Kansas City.

    "I've been fortunate," Bodie said of reaching the playoffs seven times in 14 seasons.

    "I'm not going to say I'm good because I've won. That would be a bunch of crap. The players win for you."

  • Brian Cashman speculation begins. His contract is up at the end of the year and he has local ties.

    I've never understood what the love affair with Cashman was. He's made a few decent moves and a bunch of hideous ones. Yeah, he works for Steinbrenner, but that doesn't mean the abuse he's taken makes him a saint.

  • They' up to nearly 70 press credentials for the team. When do I get mine? :P

  • The original Capitol Punisher, Frank Howard, sounds off on the team. Nothing earth-shattering. He's retained the athlete's innate sense of giving quotes without actually saying anything. At least he's not a grumpy old man.

  • Everything you've always wanted to know about Bill Ladson, MLB's Nationals press agent beat reporter, but never thought to ask, because you really didn't give a rat's ass.

  • Apparently they're excited in Vierra.

  • Las Vegas is discovering that MLB likes to jerk cities around.

2 Comments:

  • "(The) Kentucky Mash(er)" ain't a bad name, but since he's unlikely to hit 30 round-trippers again, it might be a little off. Names he's been called up here:

    - Silkerson (so smooth!)
    - Brad the Beast
    - Sexy Brad (okay, we were drunk that game)
    - Bashin' Brad
    - Big Six (my favorite)

    By Blogger Sam, at 2/24/2005 4:38 PM  

  • But according to the dry erase board, Guillen is now #6 and WIlkerson is #7.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/25/2005 8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home