Thursday, January 27, 2005

Potpourri for $100, Alex

I was gonna post something yesterday about how we haven't heard anything from Trader Jim in a few weeks. We were way overdue. Apparently, he's decided to take a job in the Marlins PR Department.
"With this transaction, the Marlins have the firepower to win the division, the league and the World Series," Washington Nationals GM Jim Bowden said regarding Tuesday's $52M deal for free agent Carlos Delgado.
Hopefully, it's just because it wasn't a long-distance call for the reporter. I don't think we can stand another eruption of Mt. Bowden. Especially with this story floating, floating, floating out there. Still.

With Delagdo gone, all the big Free Agents have been signed. Sosa's really the only big name floating out there. You know Jim wants a piece of it. Can he contain himself? Can we cut his phone lines? Can we see if he really does want a job in the Marlins PR office?


--The play-by-play guy for the Nashville Predators has thrown his hat into the ring for the Nats broadcasting job. (The Predators are an NHL team, not an Arena Football Team) (Oh, and the NHL is a hockey league.)

I've never heard the guy. So I can't really comment on him.

But, if that's all it takes, I'll throw my hat in the ring too! I've always been told I have a great speaking voice. And I have great diction too! Sure, I'll listen if the Nats call.

7 Comments:

  • Shh! Don't tell anyone.

    By Blogger Chris Needham, at 1/27/2005 12:56 PM  

  • Geez, I even plagiarized the post title from your blog. That's not a good sign!

    By Blogger Chris Needham, at 1/27/2005 2:32 PM  

  • Oh yeah... funny! That's it! Funny! I was trying to be funny! ;)

    By Blogger Chris Needham, at 1/27/2005 3:20 PM  

  • AHA! I plagiarized myself, actually. And you stole MY bit ;)

    See my November 18 entry :)

    http://dcbb.blogspot.com/2004/11/ill-take-potpourri-for-400-alex.html

    By Blogger Chris Needham, at 1/27/2005 3:58 PM  

  • You even stole my dollar amount! ;)

    Do you know any good lawyers in Midlothian? You better get one soon, Buster!

    By Blogger Chris Needham, at 1/27/2005 3:59 PM  

  • That definitely seems Angelosesque. Overreact to your team's poor recent results. You can't dig your way out of a grave.

    I wonder how different things would've been, going back to 1997, if Bernie Williams had signed with the Red Sox. (He had a handshake deal with them for more money than the Yankees had offered.) The Yankees had already agreed to terms of a deal with Albert Belle. But they backed off when Bernie was willing to take less money.

    Ever since then, the Orioles have been overly risk averse. Much to their detriment, in many cases.

    By Blogger Chris Needham, at 1/27/2005 4:13 PM  

  • Yeah, that's definitely a coincidence! The dollar amount is the part that's really weird.

    Hey, didja know that Lincoln had a secretary named Kennedy? :P

    By Blogger Chris Needham, at 1/27/2005 4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home