Thursday, September 02, 2010

Defending The Caveman

Did you ever think you'd see me kinda sorta maybe defend Rob Dibble? The lukewarm defense is over here.

So what about that Nyjer? Things are definitely in his head... his performance... Riggles leaving him out to dry... the demotion to 8th... He's shown that he's not a particularly instinctive player. (Note: he was picked off while you read that sentence) And he's in the middle of a tough season, after having the half-season of his career, which prompted far too many to blow smoke up his ass.

So with all that, it's pretty clear he doesn't know what to do. Do I charge? Do I slide? Do I break back? Do I steal? Do I charge? No! Do I charge? NOW I DO!

Add it all up, and it's someone who needs a break.

I've kinda thought for a while that he's someone who might need some mental help along the way. I dunno if that's true, but I'd hope the Nats (who know him better obviously!) help him out.

But in the meantime, his reckless play is going to get someone like Ryan Zimmerman hurt. So he needs to be sat down, 'til he gets his head in order.

6 Comments:

  • He probably needs the dreaded "change of scenery" at this point. Too bad for everyone involved as most of us would have been happy with a .290 hitting, 45 base stealing centerfielder and leadoff hitter for two or three years until he began his inevitable age-related decline.

    Also, I find it interesting that many more (mostly commenters) in the Natmosphere are defending Dibble than are Morgan. Both of these dudes are getting paid lots of money to do a DREAM job. You would think they would realize how lucky they are and not behave like louts.

    By Anonymous bdrube, at 9/02/2010 6:49 PM  

  • You have a blog?

    By Anonymous Sam, at 9/02/2010 9:37 PM  

  • Come on dawg! T-Plush is the face of the franchise. Give the kid a break.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/02/2010 10:55 PM  

  • You know who they need in the broadcast booth with Carpenter? Someone who knows the game from the inside, someone with extensive on-air experience, someone who's not white bread but who can be provocative and entertaining, bordering at times on outrageous - yet someone who always keeps himself as the butt of his jokes, not others.

    Yes, you heard me right. They need Jim Bowden.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/03/2010 8:18 AM  

  • That Psuedovariety thing is nonsense by the way. Who thinks about ownership of brands as "variety" in soda? Can there be false representation of a characteristic when the target isn't concerned with the characteristic at all? Not a meaningful one.

    Sorry - it was bothering me for some reason. Smarty pants professors and their hoity-toity thinking.

    By Blogger Harper, at 9/03/2010 10:22 AM  

  • Throw at me once, shame on you. Throw at me twice........
    I think you kind of have to go at someone in that situation. It's just too bad the 1B got to him so quickly; he looked pretty capable of beating the shit out of Volstad. That was a mean right hook!

    By Blogger Rob B, at 9/04/2010 9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home