Thursday, August 24, 2006

Operation: Destroy Readership!

It's that time of year again, the time when I try to drive off the last few masochists who are still reading about this craphole of a team. I'm off for a few days, along with the rest of the city it seems. Feel free to burgle my apartment and steal my collection of macrame owls.

In the meantime, there are about 14.2 billion Nats Blogs, many of which are linked in the right column. Since we, as a group, are reproducing like a Catholic family in a Monty Python sketch, I expect you'll find someone who either 1) Entertains you as much as I do; or 2) (If you're one of them) , is just as feckin' stupid as me.

So, enjoy the losses! We're #4!

Oh, and if you're a football fan, it's time to put your Jimmy The Greek smokin' jacket on and test your mettle at the football pick 'em. If you're interested, go here. The group # is 24540 and the password is bowden. All picks are against the spread, and since there are holidays and crap, the worst two weeks get dumped. Winner gets a copy of Will Carroll's non-best seller, "The Juice" provided that I don't throw it out when I move (which is pretty likely). (And, as the ol' joke goes, the loser gets three copies)

Sample reviews from Amazon:
  • Unfortunately, I purchased and read this book on steroids. Of all the books on the subject, this was by far the worst.
  • This is probably the worse baseball related book I have ever read. I like Will Carroll's column but he should stick with that style of writing but cause his book writing is awful. If you are looking for a book book on baseball or the subject of steroids, this sure ain't it.
  • Anyway, I like Mr. Carroll but this is subpar. Guess that's why it's not selling really well.
  • this is a horribly researched book, filled with significant amounts of misinformation and misleading ideas about herbs, nutrition and other medicinal substances.
  • the book felt a little rushed.

One shmuck seemed to like it though.

Alright.... See you for the pennant race!

6 Comments:

  • Not #4 yet. The Cubbies, who we're tied with, suck so bad the Nats have a 4-2 record against them. They lose the tie breaker and keep #4...for now. Watch out, Alabama - we got your number!

    By Blogger Harper, at 8/25/2006 12:00 AM  

  • What are you planning to write about next year, when we get to have an entire season of sucktastic suckiness?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/25/2006 9:51 AM  

  • Have a good vacation. When I want to read about the Nats, I go to your blog and MLB.com. You two provide the best coverage.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/25/2006 1:24 PM  

  • With our class A level pitching, I think we can get to # 2 fairly easily. Passing KC might be a difficult unless the Royals put together a win streak.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/27/2006 3:01 PM  

  • You bloggers will go to any length not to talk about Brad Wilkerson, won't you?

    By Blogger Ryan, at 8/28/2006 1:32 PM  

  • Why aren't you back yet? All the other Nats blogs are awful.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/06/2006 9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home