Friday, July 22, 2005

Much Ado About Nuttin'

Livan had time to rest his cranky head and reflect on his rambling press conference from Wednesday night.

He's now claiming it was just frustration, mostly about his wonky knee. And he says he won't miss a start.

That seemed the most reasonable explanation to me yesterday. I think that it all hit us because we were reeling too from the team's craptastic play. He caught us in a bad moment, and it elevated to something more important than it really was.

Emotions are funny like that.

Livan, however, is annoyed by the coverage of his remarks. Some media outlets did give the impression that Livan was quitting on the team. That, to me, was an incorrect interpretation, but based on some of the small sound bites from a rambling press conference, I can see how people would get that perception.

Just let it go, big guy.

Livan's next start will be next week against the Atlanta Braves. Hopefully some time off and the importance of that game will help clear his head, allowing him to rebound from three or four non-¡Livan! starts.

2 Comments:

  • I disagree. I think it was sumtin', but sumtin Livan can put past him until season's end. Just my gut. We shall see.

    By Blogger Harper, at 7/22/2005 11:57 AM  

  • I agree with you, even though I didn't write it clearly.

    Most of yesterday was frustration.

    But there are underlying elements, most of which, I suspect, involve FRobby.

    By Blogger Chris Needham, at 7/22/2005 11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home