Tuesday, March 22, 2005

I'm On The DL

I hate springtime in DC. I don't know if it's too early for it, but it feels like my allergies are kicking in. I'm usually a walking headache for about two or three weeks. That's what happens when you live in a swamp, I guess.

This is the key story today. Angelos and MLB are close. And the magic number is $25 MM for TV rights. I'm guessing that would pretty easily put us in the top third for TV revenues.

The other magic number is $100 MM. That's what they're expected to generate in local revenue. I haven't read it closely enough, but I don't think that that includes TV revenue. So, it'll go higher. What that means, is when we finally get ownership that cares about winning, there's enough revenue to bump the payroll to a reasonable level.

Zach Day looked good yesterday, and the team's looking at Atlanta IF, Wilson Betimit. I guess a Band-Aid'll work, even though we could use a tourniquet.

1 Comments:

  • Nope... nothing yet. I think I had read on the BPG forum that they're due out around the end of the month.

    Distinguished Senators and Nat'l Pastime both have the link that I'm too lazy to put up.

    I imagine it'll be one of te top threads there.

    By Blogger Chris Needham, at 3/22/2005 3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home