Fouled-Off Bunts -- Weekend Roundup
For your reading leisure.
- I'm sure you've seen this, but the field is taking shape and looking beautiful.
- Jose Vidro had an MRI on his hyperextended elbow. It came out clear and he got right back on the field. Hopefully it's nothing that'll return.
- Vinny Castilla injured his knee in a game the other night. The MRI showed nothing major, but he'll be out for a few more days. (sadly)
Ball-Wonk, as you've probably already seen, has an exclusive look at Vinny's MRI results.
- The Star Tribune looks at one of their former own, Cristian Guzman. The blurb is most notable for the Jim Bowden out-of-context quote-o-the-day: (I do love me some hyphens)
"If you don't have a shortstop, your pitching staff isn't going to be any good."
He's right though. Without one, there are a lot of groundballs rolling into right field.
- Brian Schneider credits family and Annapolis for his success.
- Livan Hernandez, excuse me ¡Livan! is damn good, pitching another dominant spring outing.
Save some for the real season, big boy!
- The Post discovers the guy who was making those Nationals Brand Flak Jacket posters.