Sunday, April 15, 2007

The Power of the Passive Voice

Once, I'll let it pass. Twice, I've gotta point it out.

Today's MLB.com notes section:
More than just the fastball: Who said center fielder Ryan Church can't hit breaking balls? The home run that Church hit on Saturday against right-hander Orlando Hernandez came on a breaking ball.

From a notebook earlier this week:
During the offseason, Ryan Church received a lot of criticism from fans and media outlets, wondering if he was ready to become an everyday player again.

Hmmm... I wonder who said it? I'm wracking my brain trying to think of a media outlet that was critical of Church... I can't seem to come up with any. Hmmm....

2 Comments:

  • I can't think of any either! ;-) You know, i like the "What to Read Today" section of your blog, it's always got good stuff. Thanks for putting it up...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/15/2007 11:41 PM  

  • Thanks! I read a ton of crap each day, and it's easier to click a button when I'm done instead of bookmarking it, doing a post, and coding links. ;)

    By Blogger Chris Needham, at 4/16/2007 8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home