Friday, January 26, 2007

The Plan From The Outside

Tom Boswell has a column in today's Post that sounds like it could be written by me. (If I had any sort of writing talent, that is) He thinks the pitching staff is an embarrassment and that it doesn't reflect well on the ownership. It's certainly an interesting column and worth the 2 minutes it'd take to read it. (I especially like his line about the umpires hoping for a mercy rule!)

The column got posted on Primer and there's an interesting discussion (basically me reacting to other people's posts). I'm linking because it's interesting to see how others view the team, but also for the strange novelty of me defending the plan and Jim Bowden.

2 Comments:

  • That's right, puny blogger, obese yourself before the awesome power of real journalists. Silence, worm!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/26/2007 6:06 PM  

  • Seeing how there really isn't much choice, I am pulling for the Grand Plan to work out not only in the future, but to some extent this year. I suggest we take a set of perhaps 10 pitchers the Nats could have obtained (Ohka, Ortiz, Trachsel, etc) and track how some of the unwashed army they are dragging in does by comparison.

    It seems really likely to me that some of the Nats-to-be will do better than some of the pitchers they fail to sign. A bigger test would be whether 2 or 3 of them manage to be better than most of the rejected arms.

    By Blogger Positively Half St., at 1/28/2007 1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home