Friday, May 12, 2006

Stunning!

Full and partial season ticket holders were sent an email yesterday inviting them to an on-field picnic after the 6/11 game, an amazing attempt at building customer loyalty that exceeds anything they've done over the last 18 months, and probably goes beyond expectations.

They've even gone so far as to give out free tickets to that game for people who've already dumped their tickets, or for those who don't have this game as part of the package.

I fall into the latter category. On the FAQ they've posted, it says to email them with your info, and they'll mail free tickets to you.

I sent my email at 9 this morning, and got a reply a few minutes ago. I was stunned by that, as I've typically waited on hold to talk to them longer than that!

They've got a lot of work that they need to do to win over some of the more jaded fans, and it seems like they're well on their way. The team may stink, but the front office seems to be improving!

6 Comments:

  • not to change the subject but...i'm going to change the subject.
    Who do you think we can get for Soriano (assuming we ship him to the yanks)? The new york farm system doesn't seem to have the neccesary talent to compensate the nats.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/12/2006 1:19 PM  

  • In Soriano's case, I'd rather have the two first-round draft picks that'll come with him than whatever B-level prospect the Yankees would give up.

    Now if you want to talk about trading Church because the team fecks him over....

    By Blogger Chris Needham, at 5/12/2006 1:21 PM  

  • That's awesome news. I can't wait to buy a ticket and actually feel like it matters that I bought that ticket. (Not a season ticket holder. Like the freedom to choose my games. Can't afford a full season.)

    By Blogger Cathie, at 5/12/2006 1:37 PM  

  • Church on the Yankees hits all the right buttons for me:

    1) Team appreciates patience at the plate (rather than pay lip service to it for certain players)

    2) Immediately he'd become the best fielding OF, and youngest starter (Bubba Crosby is almost 30?)

    3) Short porch.

    4) Current situation means he'd probably get a good long chance to play (though the Bernie love-fest going on this year might cut into it)

    5) Yankees!

    By Blogger Harper, at 5/12/2006 5:08 PM  

  • I get a good feeling from the Lerners. At least they're saying the right things, and now it looks like they're starting to do the right things. Very encouraging.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/13/2006 8:43 PM  

  • Yeah, I'm really liking the sound of this promotion. It's nice to see that they are reaching out to us season-ticket holders.

    Being on the field will be wild. I got to go onto the track between the Diamond seats and home plate recently (my boss was throwing out the first pitch) and that was quite a thrill.

    I hope the weather is great, I'm really looking forward to it.

    By Blogger Joe Riley, at 5/14/2006 5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home