Thursday, May 04, 2006

BOOOOOOO!!!!!11!1!1

My throat is sore from booing, and I have nothing nice to say right now. I've been to a huge number of stinktastic games at Camden Yards (Mostly thanks to the Yankees), but this was probably the worst game I've ever been to. Had I not been there with a friend, I would've left in the fifth inning probably after Frank Robinson pinch hit with JOEY EISCHEN!!!?!1?!!?11!1. Ouch... there's that throbbing in my temples again!

Frank Robinson is a spectacularly incompetent baseball strategist. He's a spectacuarly terrible motivator. He's a tremendously horrible instructor. Hall of fame player; shitbag manager.

I love ya, Frank, but after seeing this team make stupid mistakes night after night, not to mention watching the most listless bunch of SOB players saunter around the field with no cares to the world, it's time for you to hang 'em up. Retire. Game over. Thanks for what you've done. Here's your gold watch. If you hurry, you can carpool back to California with Tony Tavares.

7 Comments:

  • I had enough of Fat Livan after the first half inning so I shut the TV off. Honestly, the lucky ones are the fans who have Comcast. They are shielded from the pain.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/05/2006 7:18 AM  

  • Mr. phil dunn points out one of the big fat lies in the television argument: local Nats fans who can't watch on television sometimes don't come to the park.

    I'm not one of the crazed fans that believes the Nats are the new sliced bread. So I'll refrain from beating the "Why weren't you at the park?" drum after today. After all, there are dozens of reasons to not go to the park; reason number one being the worst customer service in major professional sports.

    Oddly, the game wasn't as painful as the night before. It was funny in the fifth when Bodes caught a foul ball and then dropped it to the crowd from his pressbox-level abode. It would have been funnier if the crowd had scattered away from the ball. Another opportunity lost.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/05/2006 8:38 AM  

  • Phil, you said it... I was actually happy to not be able to watch the game. I listened to the first two innings on the radio, and promptly dropped myself off at the nearest watering hole (without MASN) to try and erase those two innings from my memory.

    So far I am 0-6 watching the nats live, maybe Sat. will be different?

    Still better than watching the O's...

    By Blogger Grey, at 5/05/2006 10:14 AM  

  • Ted: Are they booing me?
    Mark: I think they're saying Boourns.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/05/2006 11:48 AM  

  • I was at the game last night, and I must say that I was truly offended when Frank sent out Eischen to pinch hit. If you're going to throw in the towel in the fifth inning, why am I at the game at all?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/05/2006 12:55 PM  

  • Chris, thank you for answering the Bill Ladson question. I read your blog everyday and I enjoy it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/05/2006 6:28 PM  

  • Don't worry. The Pirates are coming. The Nats will be on a win streak before you can say Jim Tracy.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/05/2006 8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home