Sunday, September 18, 2005

Vomit-Inducer

In a magical season sometimes marred by brow-furrowing managing, Frank Robinson outdid himself tonight. Frank put his old, arthritic hands firmly around the throat of his team, and proceeded to squeeze the life out of it. He succeeded.

Bang! Zoom! went the five-run lead. With two outs in the ninth inning, the Padres had scored none. By the time the game was over, they had eight.

It's late. I'm tired. I'm angry. I'm disappointed. Pick a negative or hostile emotion -- it's probably in me somewhere. I'll have the gory details, and why I think Frank managed us out of the playoffs in the morning. For now, I'll stew in my bile.

Operation: 87! marches on, but the climb gets steeper.

Nationals: 77 wins (10-3 for 87)
Astros: 80 wins (7-7 for 87)
Phillies: 80 wins (7-6 for 87)
Florida: 78 wins (9-4 for 87)

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home