Monday, September 12, 2005

Stealing Their Soul

I figured out why the Nationals sucked on Saturday. After a stirring rally on Friday which gave us all hope (like the suckers we are), I brought a camera to Saturday's game.

Somehow, my pictures must've stolen their soul.

Sorry guys. I've let you down. I'll try not to let it happen again.

Here's the first pitch (I Like Wilkerson's strange shadow):

Here's Livan from about 300 feet away. It's not an especially good picture, but I love seeing how unnaturally the arm bends during the pitching delivery. He does that 130 times a game!?


Here's the offensive highlight of the game: a long foul ball off the bat of Preston Wilson. That should tell you all you need to know about the quality of the game.


Here's the rare Nationals Baserunnner NOT getting picked off. What're the odds of having 1) a baserunner and 2) him not being picked off?


Cap'n Leather Pants himself was there -- apparently wearing a new blazer from the Steinbrenner collection. (I believe the large banana next to him is Brian Parker, the Assistant Director of Scouting -- IOW, the guys who think that Preston Wilson is a good defender)


This is the Braves' bullpen catcher. I can't make out his last name, but I think his first name is Seymour.


Jeff Francouer had his cheering section in the outfield. He waved and pointed at them a few times. (Insert your own Weenie Pun)


(Man, these look bad when I compress and crop them!)

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home