Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Unlimited Fish, Cozy Barrel

In the hierarchy of uninspired baseball blogging, pointing out isolated dumb statements by the pregame guys ranks somewhere in between link collecting and detailed game recaps, but whatever. This exchange made me chuckle:

Johnny Holliday: "He can hit, he can catch, he's a heckuva kid."

Ray Knight: "The one word that summizes what he is, is full of character."

If you must know, they were talking about Wil Nieves. This guy, who is currently slugging less than what Dmitri Young weighs*, is such a presence in the lineup that any one-word summizary of him requires three.

Or, better yet, perhaps four more carefully selected letters.

Anyway, this was part of a ten-minute segment about Nieves, which I'd summize in one word as waste of time.

*/outdated cheap shot

5 Comments:

  • "waste of time" isn't 1 word. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/26/2010 11:03 PM  

  • MASN thanks you for watching. I know I was in bed resigned to a predictable loss. Instead I get enough sleep and a pleasant surprise in the morning.

    In one paragraph on such a win, I would have to say:

    It

    By Blogger Positively Half St., at 5/27/2010 5:14 AM  

  • You missed the infobabe in the dugout asking Nieves if he thought more playing time would make him a better player. "Umm, let me think. Nope. Me picking splinters out of my butt really helps me tune my swing."

    By Anonymous Shredder, at 5/27/2010 10:42 AM  

  • I hope he has a lot of character, because he needs it to make up for all of that sub-replacement level performance!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/27/2010 2:08 PM  

  • With no Jesus or Pudge we don't have much choice right now.
    Don't forget that Nieves would be in Syracuse without our little DL problem (that seems to happen every year)

    By Blogger Rob B, at 5/27/2010 3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home