Thursday, January 19, 2006

Fouled-Off Bunts: Stadium In Neutral Edition

The Times has an article on the status of the Stadium Negotiations. No news, in this case, isn't necessarily good news. Of note, the lease will have to have been finalized by Jan 27 in order to make it on the hearing schedule for the 2/7 hearing. Eight more days. Think they can get it done? Me neither.

  • Todd Jacobson writes an interesting article about the recent rookie career development program, which teaches them how to not gamble on baseball and squander their fortunes away on coke and hookers.

  • Apparently having a crappy-ass ticket office is a franchise requirement.

    I got my bill for my 20-game plan a few weeks ago. The invoice looks like it was designed by someone using Bank Street Writer on a Commodore 64. The ticket price is listed, then on the next line comes their not-so-convenient $20 ticket convenience fee. Yet, when you go to the bottom of the invoice, the Balance Due portion doesn't include the $20 fee, and there's a check box to decline the Orioles exhibition game, which, presumably, isn't already included in the price. In other words, it's a mess.

    But at least I'll have my tickets...unlike our Florida brethren.

  • 1 Comments:

    • By far the worst ticket office I've every had to endure. I understood that last year there would be trouble - standing up an operation in days isn't easy. This year should have been better. Guess not. Did get my full-season renewal. Did not get my on-line account password. No confirmation about my payment either. Sent e-mail to Tony Taveras and the next-to-invisible Joe Deoudes complaining about the lack of customer service. Amazingly, someone named Brian from their office called me that afternoon. Made promises about receiving e-mail from the team. That was 10 days ago, still nothing.

      Yes, I'm relentlessly negative. And next year I won't be a full-season ticket holder. Early next week I'm sending e-mail to everyone listed in the Nationals front office - mostly to let them know that promises unkept are useless.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/19/2006 5:32 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home